"How do I ensure that I find the best supervisor to fit my theoretical orientation, areas of interest and growth towards specialty?"
This is an important question that all new counselors need to ask themselves. Jamie Dana, MC, LPC is an approved clinical supervisor through the Arizona Board of Behavioral Health Examiners and is in compliance with A.A.C. R4-6-212(J).
Jamie Helps Supervisees
- Promote growth and aide in the development of advanced clinical skills
- Identify professional strengths and challenge perceived weaknesses
- Identify and avoid ethical issues in therapy
- Prepare you to be successful as a practitioner in private practice.
- Develop a community of professional support (if you are looking to go into private practice, join our private Facebook group: Grow Your Practice AZ now!
Entering the world of counseling can be invigorating and it is amazing to have a positive impact on people's lives. It can also be overwhelming and stressful. Jamie employs a moderately structured approach that will allow you to grow, take risks, challenge yourself, and gain confidence as you work towards independence.
Per AZBBHE board rules, Jamie can provide
- 100 of the 100 hours for Mental Health Counselors
- 50 of the 100 hours of direct supervision for Clinical Social Workers
- 25 of the 100 direct supervision hours for Marriage and Family Therapists.
- She does not provide training for therapists focusing on substance abuse.
Jamie provides independent supervision (if you are working at an agency, independently in your own practice, or in another private practice). She also supervises therapists working at Elevate Counseling. Opportunities to work at Elevate Counseling are evaluated on an individual basis.
Clinical supervision may include individual, group, face-to-face, and video options, based on clinician interest, availability and supervisee cohorts. Supervision rates for group and individual services are the same as Jamie's clinical rates for services (see "Rates & Practice Details)
If you are interested in working with Jamie, contact her here, or fill out the application form, click below!