Gifted students possess advanced cognitive abilities and heightened intensity- creating inner experiences and awareness that are qualitatively different from the norm.
If your teen says:
- “Nobody likes me or understands me.”
- “The other kids are immature” or “I don't connect with my classmates.”
- “Everyone expects me to be perfect.”
- “I'm stupid.”
Then our Gifted and High Achievers Group might be right your Child.
This Group Is for High Achieving and Gifted Kids Who:
- Experience anxiety, depression and isolation
- Are unnecessarily hard on themselves or limit themselves due to fear of failure
- Report an absence of deep connections with their peers
- Tend to express negative, rigid or perfectionistic thinking towards themselves or others
- Need an active support system of peers that understand their struggles
So That They Can:
- Cope with difficult feelings in a healthy way
- Feel comfortable taking appropriate risks and recognize that "readjusting" does not mean "failure"
- Create and maintain healthy relationships
- Begin to challenge irrational thoughts and shift inflexible thinking
- Connect with other kids who understand the challenges and frustrations of thinking differently than their peers.
To answer questions and make sure that "group" is a good fit for your teen, we begin with a complimentary 15-minute parental phone consult. If it sounds like a good fit, we'll move forward and meet with you and your child in person. Schedule your complimentary screening here.
Dates and Times: Groups meet in the evenings once a week and run for 1 hour.
Cost of Group: Group fees are paid upfront and charged monthly at the rate of $50 per session. The 30-minute initial intake session is $60. This fee will be waived for current and previous clients of Elevate Counseling. Fees are nonrefundable without prior authorization.
Seats are limited to 8 so everyone has a space and can be heard.
Gifted and High Achievers Group Application
Apply For Space In Goup