You could go it alone...but you don't have to.
Lots of teens suffer in silence. They feel like they should be able to handle all of the pressures of their lives alone. 42% of teens say that they are experiencing stress, but don't feel that they have the tools to handle it effectively. In group, we help teens explore their identities, challenge social constructs, find their community and voice; moving out of the "42%" and into a bright future.
This Group Is for Teen Girls Who:
- Struggle with anxiety, depression and self-doubt
- Have trouble expressing themselves or being assertive
- Express negative self-talk or don't seem to "see" themselves the way others do
- Question their value and place in their world
- Want a supportive place to learn effective ways to cope with stress and emotions
So That They Can:
- Effectively communicate and manage emotions
- Connect to others and feel understood
- Identify and respond to daily stressors effectively
- Combat negative thinking and improve self-esteem
- Critically evaluate the impact of Social Media on their lives
To answer questions and make sure that "group" is a good fit for your teen, we begin with a complimentary 15-minute parental phone consult. If it sounds like a good fit, we'll move forward and meet with you and your child in person. Schedule your complimentary screening here.
Dates and Times: Groups meet in the evenings once a week and run for 1 hour.
Cost of Group: Group fees are paid upfront and charged monthly at the rate of $50 per session. The 30-minute initial intake session is $60. This fee will be waived for current and previous clients of Elevate Counseling. Fees are nonrefundable without prior authorization.
Facilitated By: Meg Dufour, MC, LAC
Seats are limited to 8 so everyone has a space and can be heard.
Girls Empowerment Group Application
Apply For Space In Group