Understanding and Celebrating an LGBTQ Identity
Discovering that you are part of the LGBTQ community (Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender, Queer, with queer being an umbrella term for gender and sexual minorities) can be a tumultuous process with lots of questions and concerns. Or you may be fully understanding of your LGBTQ identity and looking for a counselor who understands and truly has your best interests at heart.
At Elevate Counseling, we have nonjudgmental, understanding perspectives to support you through whatever it may be that you are experiencing. We’re here to celebrate you and help you navigate the world to live your life as authentically as you possibly can.
Empowering you through…
- The discovery process and becoming comfortable with your identity
- Establishing and developing your sense of self
- Confronting possible biases, such as internalized homophobia
- Identifying your values and goals
- Providing a fully supportive, nonjudgmental space to explore thoughts and experiences
To help you navigate…
- Dealing with unsupportive people and microaggressions
- Restrictive gender roles and expectations
- Heteronormative environments
- Expressing yourself authentically and being proud of your LGBTQ identity
- Working towards achieving your life goals with a fully developed sense of self
Parents & Families
As a parent, it can be challenging when a child is experiencing something that you’re not familiar with- such as questioning their gender identity or having feelings of being gay, bisexual, or queer in any other capacity. How can you be affirming and supporting, unconditionally? When a child doesn’t feel comfortable sharing private matters with you, how can you ensure they’re safe and supported? We’re here to help you and your child navigate it all.